2019 COALAR Australia – Latin America Young Entrepreneur Award
Deadline: February 12, 2019.
The Council on Australia Latin America Relation’s mission is to enhance Australia’s economic, political and social relations with Latin America. Great strides have been made towards this end. In recent years, there has been a deepening of the commercial, environmental, academic and cultural relationship. Australian Governments have followed the lead of Australian business by increasing our bilateral and multilateral engagement with Latin America, including through ministerial visits and collaboration in international forums such as APEC, the G20, and the OECD. However, there is still considerable work to do to raise awareness in Australian and Latin American about the rapid growth and potential of our relationship.
To be eligible, entrepeneurs must:
- demonstrate they have built or contributed to building an organisation that enriches the relationship between Latin America and Australia;
- be Australian or Latin American (please note: priority will be given to Australian and Latin American nationals but consideration will also be given to applicants who can demonstrate strong and significant personal or cultural connection to either place);
- be under the age of 40;
- be endorsed by two of their peers (i.e. work colleagues or associates who can endorse the applicants’ claims);
- consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information in so far as it pertains to the award for promotion and publicity purposes.
1. With the support of the generous sponsorship of the Australian Technology Network and Air New Zealand, the awards consists of a cash prize of $5,000 for each selected entrepreneur plus travel and accommodation expenses to a location in Australia to receive their award and have their entrepreneurial achievement profiled.
2. Opportunities will also be provided for networking and linkages to support expansion of their enterprise/activity.
To apply, applicants must submit an application form in Smartygrants
- A 1 to 2 page pitch, comprising a supporting statement outlining the products you have created or the services you have delivered that improve the lives of Australians and Latin Americans or that add to our shared cultural, economic, environmental, technological or academic prosperity. – Your 1 to 2 page pitch is a chance to tell the COALAR Board why you are the right person for the award. The Board wants to know why you should be the Young Entrepreneur awardee, what your business/organisation has achieved, and what you can offer in support of Australia- Latin American relations. In a nutshell – why should the board pick you? You have a word limit to complete your pitch (2 page maximum, 12 point font, single spaced)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (no more than 3 pages)
- Signed letters of nomination from two peers
Applicants should submit their completed applications using the online application form in SmartyGrants