2019 CIVICUS Call for Applications: Youth Co-Design Team Challenge
Deadline: July 15, 2019.
In the last years, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) are working more and more towards shifting traditional ways of working and testing innovative practices in alignment to the new dynamics of the 21st Century around citizen action. At CIVICUS youth, we are testing a new co-creation and collaboration model between NGOs and individual activists from the Global South who are not always affiliated to traditional civil society structures.
In the spirit to support and keep strengthening smaller and more spontaneous formations of civil society, we are calling for nine (9) regionally balanced, diverse, creative and dedicated activists aged between 18 and 35 years oldto co-design a new programme with CIVICUS to better resource young changemakers from the Global South. This group will work in a multicultural, international and multi-sector team of young individual activists to co-design a new programme for a period of eight months starting in August 2019
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a creative mindset and strong critical thinking skills
- Experience in leading training or learning programmes for young people (fellowships, workshops, conferences)
- Passion for social movements, human rights and social justice campaigns and civic engagement
- Preferable knowledge and experience in at least two or more of the following capacities:
- Research, facilitation and writing
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Online campaign
- Learning/ training programmes design
- Event management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Grassroots activism
- Social entrepreneurship
- Creative Graphic Design
- Fluent in English, other languages an asset.
- Interested in working remotely with an international team (strong internet connectivity)
- Ease in networking and engagement
- Available to provide up to 30 days during the course of eight months, attend bi-weekly online calls and work collaboratively.
1. Each design team member will be remunerated at a rate of USD $200.00 a day, for a total of up to USD $6,000.00.
2. The contract amount for the total group of nine individuals is up to USD $54,000.00.
3. Accommodation can be provided throughout the selection process, as long as candidates make their needs known in advance. Should you have any questions, please contact us at .
All of which can be submitted through this application form.