2019 Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program.
Deadline: November 1, 2019.
The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) is a unique professional development opportunity for individuals dedicated to pursuing a career in international relief and development work.
During the 12-month fellowship period, fellows build their skills in programming and operations by taking leading and supporting roles on a variety of CRS projects overseas, completing a structured training program, and learning from experienced CRS staff and partners.
- Graduate degree in field relevant and applicable to international development (e.g. Agriculture, Health, Engineering, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Supply Chain)
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to major languages spoken where CRS works)
- At least six months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country (consideration given to applicants with at least five years of experience living in a developing country)
- Strong interest in a career in development or emergency relief
- Willing to work in various regions and developing countries around the world
- Able and willing to be based in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities
- Able to work respectfully and professionally in a cross-cultural environment
CRS provides IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Great opportunities for professional growth and development overseas
- Stipend, allowances, and furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country
- Extensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, travel/accident, evacuation and personal household effects)
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave, and 12 paid holidays
To be considered for the program, please complete the following 3 steps:
- Prepare a statement of interest (preferably no more than one page) that answers the following two questions:
- Considering the 4 primary learning areas of the fellows’ foundational training, what relevant experience can you leverage to be successful in the program?
- Which of the 4 primary fellowship learning areas interests you most and why?
- Update your resume or CV to highlight your relevant experience and qualifications
- Complete the IDFP application
Please note that incomplete applications will time out of the system after 7 days. If you wish to continue your application after that time, please email [email protected] for assistance.