2019 CAS “The Belt and Road” Master Fellowship Programme
Deadline: March 31, 2019.
“The Belt and Road” Master Fellowship Programme is launched in connection with the International Outreach Initiative of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
It provides opportunities for the students/scholars from the countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (the Belt and Road) to pursue Master degrees at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) up to 3 years (up to 30 young scientific talents annually).
- Citizens from the Belt and Road countries other than China;
- Be maximum age of 30 on 31 December 2019
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or equivalent educational degree;
- Get approval for application from a host supervisor in CAS and the institute/school that the supervisor is affiliated with;
- English or Chinese language proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English should provide unexpired TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL scores should be 90 or higher, and IELTS scores should be 6.5 or higher. Applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score only if their:
- a) Native language is English, or
- b) Major undergraduate courses are conducted in English/Chinese, which should be stated in transcripts, or
- c) HSK test has passed level 3 or level 4
- Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application and should not accept any other sponsorship during the funding period of this fellowship.
- Tuition fee exemption by USTC;
- Monthly stipend to cover accommodation, local transportation expenses, health insurance, and other basic living expenses (Reference: RMB 4000 per month).
The funding duration of the fellowship is up to 3 years (36 months), divided into:
- Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at USTC, including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Chinese Culture;
- Practical research and completion of degree dissertations at colleges and schools of USTC.
- Application form Application Form for CAS The Belt and Road Master Fellowship.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Right click to download).
- Chinese or English language certificate (the photocopy of valid HSK, IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
Please make sure you send out the complete set of all the required documents and specify on the envelop “Application for CAS The Belt and Road Master Fellowship”.
Postal address: Office of International Cooperation, Old Library, 229, University of Science and Technology of China, 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, China.