2019 British Council Procurement Officer, Lagos Nigeria Recruitment
Deadline: March 25, 2019.
The British Council is currently looking for a Procurement Officer to join the team within the West Cluster of Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). The post holder will be situated in Lagos, Nigeria.
The successful candidate will need to support implementation of procurement processes at the British Council for West Africa cluster within Sub-Sahara Africa region to maximise efficiency and ensure compliance with global procurement policies and processes as well as the consistent adaptation of good commercial and professional practice whilst ensuring probity at all time. The role holder will focus strategically on Nigeria and will turn procurement requisitions into contracts or orders through market engagement by way of tendering or any such competitive, transparent, efficient method that earns British Council best value for money. The role holder will be the custodian of contracts and contract templates for the Nigeria office.
1. To Support implementation of procurement strategies agreed with the country or strategic business unit.
2. Offer advice on a routine basis for procurement in categories that do not have preferred/ contracted suppliers in place.
3. Be vigilant on fraud and compliance with the global policy with country specific dynamics incorporated as guided by the Senior Procurement Manager.
4. Customer engagement through monitoring, coordinating, planning and reporting through progress reports that are country/ Strategic Business Unit specific etc. including benefits tracking.
5. To balance strict adherence with the global procurement policy and local content of the country specific uniqueness.
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline OR relevant work experience
- Minimum of Three years post graduate work experience in a procurement officer or procurement support role
- Tender Document preparation experience
- Procurement activity planning and tracking experience
- English Language proficiency level C1/ C2 (will be tested via APTIS)
Please refer to the role profile for more information on the role responsibilities/accountabilities and person specification by following the links below for relevant document to support your application: