2019 Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year award
Deadline: March 15, 2019.
From the ‘MacGyver’ who never fails to comes up with the most ingenious hacks to keep things running, to the life of the lab who not only organizes the yearly lab party but goes the extra mile to help everyone stay motivated and positive, lab techs play an essential role in the scientific ecosystem. However, despite their invaluable contributions, most laboratory technicians remain invisible to all but their immediate colleagues. To celebrate and highlight these unsung heroes, we set up the Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year 2019 award.
1. The Asian Scientist Lab Tech of the Year 2019 (“Award”) is open to laboratory technicians who have a minimum of one-year experience working in the field (“Nominees”).
2. Nominees can only be nominated by former or current supervisors (“Supervisors”). Peer or self nominations will not be considered.
3. All Nominees must reside and work in Singapore. Nominees who cannot produce reasonable evidence of residence or work in Singapore will be disqualified.
1. Lab techs: Ten outstanding individuals selected by our panel of judges will each receive the following:
I. A S$500 cash prize
II. A certificate of recognition
III. An Asian Scientist Magazine goodie bag including Sydney Brenner’s 10-on-10: The Chronicles of Evolution
IV. One of them will also win the overall prize of a 3D2N stay at Banyan Tree Bintan, courtesy of Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts.
2. Supervisors: Each Lab Tech of the Year will win for their nominating supervisor’s lab:
Lab-wide discounts from our main sponsor Abcam S$500 in book vouchers from World Scientific Publishing Company