2019 Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize
Deadline: April 10, 2019.
The Alpine Fellowship is a group of writers, thinkers and artists who are passionate about learning and communicating with a view to better understanding themselves and others. We value a capacity for openness – being engaged in critically reflecting on firmly held beliefs; the courage to be vulnerable – speaking from a place of lived experience; the drive for curiosity – being truly able to receive and listen to others.
They think it important to support young people today who may have become somewhat disillusioned by the reality of modern day education. We care about discovering what an alternative model of education might look like. Hence the spirit of the enterprise is necessarily open ended, and we welcome and seek the support, contribution and presence of anyone who relates to what we care about.
1. Open to all nationalities, aged 18 and above.
2. All genres permitted.
3. A maximum of 2500 words per entry.
4. Limited to one entry per person.
5. Text must not have been published, self-published or accepted for publication in print or online, or have won or been placed in another competition at any time.
6. Entries are entirely anonymous and therefore judging is unbiased.
1. The winner and two runners up are invited to attend the Fjällnäs symposium.
2. Winner receives £10,000 cash prize and is presented with the award by the poet John Burnside. £3000 go to the second place, £2000 to the third place.