2019 African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) 2nd Africa wide Tax Essay Competition
Deadline: November 3, 2019.
The African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) is pleased to announce the 2nd Africa wide Tax Essay Competition (ATEC) for 2019. The essay competition is designed to encourage young African researchers, academics and tax officials to identify problems or challenges faced by African tax administrations and propose innovative solutions.
The ATAF 2nd Africa-wide Tax Essay Competition (ATEC) gives you the opportunity to bring forward your feasible and readily implementable solutions on how African tax administrations can innovatively tax the digitalised economy. Essays should address issues regarding creative ideas that can lead to ground-breaking solutions to the tax challenges posed by digitalisation. For this year’s competition, participants are required to write on the following topic: African perspectives on the tax challenges from the digitalisation of the economy.
1. The ATAF 2nd ATEC 2019 is open to all African researchers, tax officials, academics and tax practitioners
2. Participants aged 40 or less.
3. Women are strongly encouraged to participate.
- First Prize: 1500 USD, a Trophy and an award certificate. The winner will be invited to ATAF’s 10 years Anniversary to be held in Kampala, Uganda from 18 to 22 November 2019 for a special award ceremony with flight and accommodation expenses covered. At the commemoration, the winner will be required to make a presentation of the essay at the presence of all heads of tax administrations in Africa.
- Second Prize: USD 1000, a Trophy and an award certificate.
- Third Prize: USD 750, a Trophy and an award certificate.
- The best 10 essays (including the three winners) will be published in the book of ATAF’s Compilations of Abstracts on Tax Systems in Africa.
- All other participants will receive an ATEC 2019 participation certificate.
- Introduction, Problem Statement, Methodology, Key findings, Implications of findings, Key implementable recommendations
- The length of the essay should NOT exceed 1000 words (two pages).
- The standard format of the essay should be Arial, Font 12, a 1-inch margin on all sides and 1.0 line spacing.
- Any uniform mode of citation can be followed for footnotes with Arial, Font 10 and 1 line spacing.
- Must be submitted as a Microsoft Word file ONLY.
- A passport-sized photo of utmost 5 MB must be submitted alongside the essay
- The Essay must be written in English
- Please NOTE that submissions must include two (02) documents:
i. The title page should include article’s title, full name, institution, type of institution, job position, mobile number, alternative phone number, country of residence, nationality, country of origin, primary language, secondary language, postal address and email address.
ii. Anonymised main essay indicating figures, tables (if any) with numbering, title, source and references