2019 ABB Research Award in Honor of Hubertus von Gruenberg
Deadline: January 31, 2019.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utilities, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers to write the future of industrial digitalization and realize value. The ABB Research Award in Honor of Hubertus von Gruenberg is open.
1. They encourage everyone who has earned their doctoral degree within the years 2016 – 2018 in the fields of mechanical, electrical or software engineering, electronics, robotics, artificial intelligence, process automation, and any related technical discipline to apply for the 2019 ABB Research Award in Honor of Hubertus von Gruenberg if they are currently working at a university, research institution or comparable organization.
2. Those applicants whose dissertations involve bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug or automating industries from natural resources to finished products will have a particularly good chance of winning this substantial personal research grant.
3. Other exceptional work is also very welcome, especially if the creative use of software, digital technologies, the Internet of Things, or new materials promises to lead to innovative industrial solutions.
4. The jury will look for specific real-world applications and potential for innovation. The benefit of the research to society and the environment will also factor highly into the jury’s decision.
The ABB Research Award carries a $300,000 grant
Please submit the following documents to ABB in English by January 31, 2019:
- Title and abstract of the dissertation in English
- A copy of the full dissertation as a PDF file
- A one-page letter of recommendation from your dissertation advisor — what’s special about your research, how does it break new ground?
- Name of the university and date of the dissertation defense
- A brief description of the planned research project that the grant will be used to fund including a confirmation of the university or institution at which this research is to be conducted (this does not have to be the same university that the dissertation was submitted to)
- A brief bio of yourself including current address and contact information
- A notarized copy of the PhD diploma or doctoral transcript
Please ensure your application is complete and send it via e-mail to ABB.
The e-mail address is [email protected]