2018 School for Social Entrepreneur Scale+Accelerate Program
Deadline: November 23, 2018.
The School for Social Entrepreneurs are open for applications for Scale+Accelerate, a new learning programme for the leaders of well-established charities and social enterprises. Scale+Accelerate is run in partnership with the Postcode Innovation Trust, a grant-giving body funded entirely by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
- They are looking for small to medium-size charities and social enterprises working in training & employability, health & wellbeing or environment & conservation.
- Your organisation is well-established and looking to scale your business model both in terms of impact and operations.
- Your organisation will:
- have been active for over three years
- have at least five members of staff
- have an annual income of more than £75,000
- Please contact us if your income is outside of this, or you are applying as a project of a larger organisation and you can demonstrate that you would benefit from the learning programme, as you may still be eligible. Contact Briana on 0207 089 9120 or [email protected]
- You will already have begun to scale or replicate your organisation or a programme/project within it, and now need support to scale further.
- If you are not a Charity or a CIC you must demonstrate that your organisation reinvests the majority of its profits for a social purpose and has an ‘asset lock’, meaning that it must distribute any assets for social purposes, not private gain, if wound up.
- You are based in Great Britain with the majority of your beneficiaries in Great Britain.
- You will be the CEO or director of the organisation, who has decision making authority to implement changes as a result of the learning.
- If you are leading a project within a larger organisation please contact us to discuss this.
- You are committed to learning and to attending the whole of the learning programme
- You are committed to meeting and sharing with others who have been through and are going through the same process
- You have support from your board to take part in the programme
The learning on this programme aims to help you scale your organisation and overcome strategic challenges. You’ll learn about:
- Leadership & management
- Functions, systems and process
- Branding, sales and comms
- Impact and evaluation
- Strategy and sustainable business model
- Building your network of influence
Their learning programmes are very different to traditional teaching. We’re not about essays and academia. We believe in learning from other people’s stories. You’ll hear from inspiring social entrepreneurs and charity leaders who speak frankly about the good, the bad and the ugly of growing an organisation.
They will also introduce you to experts to help you develop new skills. You’ll build a network of peers and professionals who can support you. You’ll have space to reflect and develop yourself as a leader, as well as learning about the technical aspects of scaling and strategy.
You’ll be in a group of around 15 people who are at a similar stage to you. You’ll form Action Learning Sets (a bit like group coaching) to support you to overcome specific challenges you’re facing as the leader of an organisation.