2024 VLIR-UOS ICP Connect Masters Scholarships for International Students (Fully Funded to Belgium)
ICP Connect study programmes are accredited international study programmes. They award scholarships to applicants from 29 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to attend one of the 15 master’s programmes taught in English at one or more Flemish universities. VLIR-UOS provides an annual intake of 10 new first-year scholarships for each ICP.
- • Nationality and country of residence: Candidates’ must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
- • Age: candidates’ age on January 1 of the year of intake must be no higher than 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- • Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide a strong motivation and profile.
- • Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year.
- • Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and may not have enrolled in a study programme at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe
Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Vietnam, Latin America, Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Africa: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroun, Cuba, DR Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guinee, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Palestina, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
- VLIR-UOS scholarships cover tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses (board and lodging).
- They only offer scholarships for the full duration of the Master’s programme (12/24 months).
- It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship or an extension.
VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 10 initial and 5 advanced master programmes. Check out our one- and two-year programmes below.
ADVANCE MASTERS (1YEAR)
- Master of Human Settlements
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Globalisation and Development
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies (CADES)
INITIAL MASTERS (2YEARS)
- International Master of Science in Agro- and Environmental Nematology
- International Master of Science in Rural Development
- Master of Aquaculture
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Science in Food Technology
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
- Master of Statistics and Data Science
- Master in Sustainable Development
- Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK