2023 Women in Government Fellowship for Indian Citizens (Scholarship Available)
Deadline: November 30, 2022.
The Women in Government Fellowship is a six-month program that is focused on capacity-building, training, and mentorship of women in politics. It seeks to enhance and improve the quality of political participation of women.
The fellows will undergo in-person workshops, intensive virtual learning sessions, and hands-on mentorship by seasoned women politicians. This three-pronged approach will provide an academic grounding of democratic frameworks and policy-making, up-skill them with practical know-hows of electioneering, build the fellows’ personal brands through personalised Public Narrative trainings by coaches from Harvard Kennedy School, and learn the ropes of politicking directly from a mentor who is undergoing the realities and tackling the challenges of being a woman in public office.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To equip with skills and strategic knowledge to effectively run for office, legislate, and govern
- To develop a deeper understanding of the nuances and challenges of the Indian democratic system and various political theories, and to gain exposure to policy-framing under renowned practitioners and domain-experts
- To provide mentorship to navigate the labyrinth of the political world directly from seasoned women politicians
- To build a network of women leaders, policy experts, and campaign professionals to form partnerships and draw upon shared knowledge and exchange best practices
- Women who have contested election at any level i.e college, university, RWA, local govt, MLA etc
- Women in nominated political party positions for at least 3 months
- Women who have worked in civil-society/media/policy organisations for at least 12 months
- Women who are/were LAMP/Acumen/Gandhi/Teach for India Fellows and aspire to join politics
- Must be an Indian Citizen
If you don’t fit in any of the above but think you deserve a seat, write to us at [email protected]
Though the overall program cost is INR 2 lakh/person, they are charging a discounted nominal fee of INR 35,000/- only. Admission fee waivers (up to 100% scholarship) are available on merit-cum-means basis.