2023 Vital Voices Grassroots Voices Program for Young Women
Deadline: July 7, 2023.
The best solutions to community problems come from within. When communities mobilize themselves to address challenges, they get results – with long-term solutions that are right for their unique context.
Grassroots Voices is a 7-week program that supports young women leaders who are implementing community-focused projects. We give them the training, resources, and mentorship to level up and make their vision a reality.
Young women everywhere are engaged in exactly this kind of community-centered organizing. They identify problems and are working to solve them. Grassroots Voices is designed to amplify their work and boost their skills so they can transform their communities – and then the world.
Over seven weeks, participants will develop their leadership capacity. Grassroots Voices participants are individually matched with a mentor who can give them tailored advice for their unique challenges. They will also have the opportunity to apply for a grant to fund a project in their home community.
- Participants in Grassroots Voices are young women who are already engaged in grassroots justice work on some of the biggest obstacles that American society faces today, like mass incarceration, social inequity and pay gaps, reproductive justice, and more.
- Be based in the United States.
- Leadership training and development
- Mentorship from an individually matched mentor
- Travel to Washington, D.C., with cohort to meet with women leaders
- Opportunity to apply for a project grant