2023 DW Akademie Media Loves Tech Competition (€ 10.000 Prize)
Deadline: July 10, 2023.
MEDIA LOVES TECH is on the lookout for the best digital concepts for innovative and quality journalism. Launched by DW Akademie, Germany’s leading international media development organisation, this competition is open to journalists, start-uppers, project leaders, creative minds, developers, designers, civil society members, and any other individual or organisation that aims to make a contribution- through innovation- to a quality media landscape in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
MEDIA LOVES TECH is an initiative by DW Akademie in cooperation with the Tunisian NGO Al Khatt. This project is funded by German cooperation, in particular by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
In general, MEDIA LOVES TECH is looking for:
- solutions to the problem of limited access to information
- projects that facilitate the work of journalists and media (data processing/ organisation/ visualisation)
- ideas that improve the interaction with the public (tracking, audience measurement, engagement, feedback)
- The competition is open to creative people, journalists, media professionals, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, civil society members, any individual or organization wishing to contribute, through a concept or by offering their skills, to the rise of innovative and digital journalism in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
- Entrepreneurship is about challenging yourself and starting over again. If you have already participated in a previous edition, you have every right to try your luck again. With the same (improved!) project or with a different idea.
- MEDIA LOVES TECH is based on the spirit of collaboration and teamwork, which they want to strengthen through this initiative. The participating teams must be composed of two to five members.
The best digital innovation for the future of journalism in Tunisia is awarded a monetary prize of € 10.000.