2021 Venture for Africa Community Associate Recruitment
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Venture for Africa is a fellowship program designed to fill talent gaps in Africa’s startup ecosystem by enabling top local and global fellows to access opportunities with leading startups in Africa.
They are looking for a qualified Community Associate to join our team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR, promotional events and building an active and engaged community of young professionals, they would love to have you on our team.
Their goal is to build an engaged audience that actively participates in workshops, online community conversations and research activities that help us discover what their aspirations, skill sets, motivations and interest areas are.
Events and Ecosystem Partnerships:-
- Curate and organise relevant monthly workshops, conversations and events (both online and offline) to build VFA’s community and drive our visibility and awareness across key markets.
- Build meaningful relationships with past, current and aspiring VFA fellows, ecosystem partners, mentors and hiring teams at fast-growing African tech startups.
- Help to identify, reach out to, and maintain relationships with ecosystem partners that add value to the VFA community.
- Maintain a database of VFA alumni, mentors, workshop hosts and partners who we work closely with.
Marketing and PR:-
- Design and implement marketing strategies, tactics and campaigns that cultivate VFA’s relationships with relevant media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness.
- Produce valuable and engaging marketing content (e.g. articles, case studies, white papers, etc) that attract and convert our target audience.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to increase VFA’s brand visibility within the startup community.
- Exceptional copywriting and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in content creation and management (creating graphics in Canva, maintaining a social media calendar across various platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, etc.)
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum/ network, creating and managing event series, etc.)
- A ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations within a community.
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands.
- Experience growing newsletters, blogs or social media pages.
- Strong relationships with both local and international tech and/ or business media outlets.